Toolbar and menus
Toolbar and menu of the program:
The main menu provides access to all functions of GoldenSection DataServer
. It consists of the following menus: File and Help. The File menu
Overview of commands/items from the File
The Help menu
- works as a toggle button. If the button is toggled on, the GoldenSection DataServer
server is active and it provides access to shared files. If the button is toggled off, access to shared .gso
files is disabled. Create...
. Use this command to create a blank .gso
file. Newly created .gso
files are automatically added to the list of shared databases
and made shared. Add...
- allows users to select a .gso
file and add it to the list of shared databases
. After the file is added to the list, it can be accessed by other computers via network. Exclude
- excludes/removes a file from the list of shared databases
. The .gso
file itself is not deleted from the disk. To regain access to this file, just add it back to the list. Optimize
- reduces the size of the file by removing unused file fragments. Disconnect User
- disconnects the selected user from an opened network file. The current record for the given user is deleted from the list of users
. Clear History
- deletes all records from the program log
of the server. Options...
- opens the program settings dialog box that allows you to reassign the network port.
The Options dialog box:
You can use the Options
dialog box to reassign the network port. To do this, click the Stop server
button (if the server is active) and specify a new value in the Port
field. After that, restart the server by clicking the Start server
- closes access to all network files and closes GoldenSection DataServer
Overview of commands/items from the Help
- opens the help file for GoldenSection DataServer Brief Description
- opens the brief description of GoldenSection DataServer
explaining its purpose and main features Visit Homepage GoldenSection DataServer
- opens GoldenSection DataServer
's homepage in the default browser. Enter Registration Key...
- opens a dialog box that is used to enter registration key for the purpose of GoldenSection DataServer
The Enter registration key
Registration key is sent to registered users via e-mail. To register the program, enter your name in the Registration name
, copy the registration key from the message to the clipboard and paste it to the Product key
field using the button
. Click OK
to finish GoldenSection DataServer
registration. For further operation, don't forget to restart the program. About GoldenSection DataServer
- opens a dialog box that contains brief information about the program, number of the current GoldenSection DataServer
version and registration data.
Example of the About GoldenSection DataServer
The toolbar provides quick access to most frequently used commands of the main menu
Use this button to enable or prevent access to .gso files.
It duplicates the Start/stop server command from the File menu.
Use this button to create a blank .gso file.
It duplicates the Create... command from the File menu.
Use this button to add a file to the list of shared databases.
It duplicates the Add... command from the File menu.
Use this button to exclude a file from the list of shared databases.
It duplicates the Exclude command from the File menu.
Use this button to prevent the user from accessing an opened network file.
It duplicates the Disconnect User command from the File menu.